PROFINET (Process Field Network) IO is an industrial Ethernet communication protocol based on open TCP/IP and IT standards and developed with an emphasis on PROFIBUS DP similarity.
A PROFINET IO system consists of an IO-Controller, IO-Device, and IO-Supervisor on Industrial Ethernet network infrastructure. The IO-Controller exchanges input and output signals with field devices. IO-Devices are distributed field devices such as drives, valves, and remote IO. The IO-Supervisor can be a PC or HMI for configuring and diagnostics of the PROFINET IO system.
EasyEdge Engine Features
EasyEdge PROFINET IO Engine allows connectivity on a PROFINET network. By sniffing the protocol in a non-intrusive way, it can read Cyclic Communications messages and extract all the Read and Write information from the Devices and the Controller. Support all equipment with a Generic Station Description Markup Language (GSDML) file or even by creating customized virtual slots.
- Supports Profinet IO Real-Time (cyclic data exchange);
- Support for all network speed configurations;
- Supports equipment descriptor file (GSDML) import;
- Non-intrusive sniffing method for data collection;
- No need to change programming or even access the Profinet controller;
- It identifies the device by its MAC address;
- Supported data types:
- Floating Point;
- Visible String;
- Supports customized virtual slots, apart from the ones described on the GSDML file;
- Support for big-endian/little-endian manipulation;
- Support for reading input and output slots;
- Support for reading slots status;
- It allows creating virtual BIT type objects, binded to native integer variables (Unsigned8, Unsigned16, etc.) to ease the digital I/O handling.